In light of COVID-19, all in-person ministries are suspended. Sunday worship will be livestreamed beginning at 10a. We continue to develop ways for us to maintain life together while apart. You can find those helpful resources and scheduled events here.
Adult EducationSchool of Discipleship
We’re excited to introduce the TCS School of Discipleship. Taking the place of our previous “Christian Formation” classes, the goal of the School of Discipleship is to simplify and increase our Christian Education offerings for all ages, particularly adults. Following a more traditional academic schedule (three 12-week quarters), classes will focus on dialogical instruction, practical group application, and prayer, while covering a set curriculum over a three-year period.
All classes require pre-registration and students are strongly encouraged to prioritize weekly attendance.
Click here to register for Winter Quarter 2020 classes!
Winter Quarter class offerings:
- Bible Study Basics – January 5 – March 29
- Teacher: Becky de Lijster
- This class covers inspiration and authority of Scripture, an overview of Bible study methods, and a workshop on how to study the Bible inductively. (Core School of Discipleship Class)
- Theology of Suffering – January 5 – March 29
- Teacher: Andrew Nutt
- The theology of suffering class seeks to engage the particular ways evil comes against the image of God in humanity. Our wounding is central to understanding our calling because evil hates the unique way we are meant to bear the glory of God. Some of the topics the class will cover are trauma, attachment, shame, sexual abuse, mental illness, memory/forgiveness, the problem of evil, lament, and hope. The goal of the class is to equip students to engage wounded places in their lives and the lives of those around them.
- Developing a Life of Prayer (Lab) – January 5 – 26
- Teacher: Pastor David Richmon
- This 4-week Discipleship Lab will focus on the basics of developing a life of prayer. Topics will include the “Why”, “What”, and “How” of prayer, as well as building lasting prayer routines and rhythms.
- TCS Music Lab – February 2 – March 29
- Teacher: Pastor Luke Morton
- “Sing praises to God, sing praises…praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.” (Psalm 47:6, 150:5-6). For thousands of years singing and music-making has had a fundamental role in Christian worship. But how do we actually do these things? From breathing and vocal projection to notation and dynamics we’ll engage this vast world of sound for the deepening of corporate worship.
- Past Classes Include: Discipleship, The Apostles’ Creed, Mark and the Little Horse People, Isaiah, The Trinity, Knowing the Faith, Living the Faith, Caring for One Another, and The Covenant Story of Redemption.