In light of COVID-19, all in-person ministries are suspended. Sunday worship will be livestreamed beginning at 10a. We continue to develop ways for us to maintain life together while apart. You can find those helpful resources and scheduled events here.
You're not lost!
Looking for Green Lake Presbyterian Church? That's us—Trinity Church Seattle—formerly known as Green Lake Presbyterian Church. We recently acquired the historic church building on the corner of NW 65th & 23rd Ave NW in Ballard. And having moved 2 miles west of Green Lake, we determined it was time to change our name.
Come join us at our new home!
Service Times: 10:00am (Livestream Only)
Check here for weekly progress updates and helpful information as you come to church!
With drywall installed and mudded and taped, a first coat of paint is being applied to freshen up our walls. Lights have been removed in the hallways and common areas, making room for updated lighting. Work in the sanctuary continues with additional structural work being done on the south wall. Progress is made on the new stage with the addition of stairs and a/v lines being run.
Thank you to everyone for keeping our children safe during these times, for helping setup and teardown chairs on a weekly basis, and leading with love as we continue to flex during this time of construction.
Drywall is really established now, and the stage in the sanctuary is filled in and usable again!
New walls, doorways, etc. are framed and insulated. The slower work of installing infrastructure (e.g. plumbing, electrical) continues throughout the first floor areas, notably the new bathrooms and fellowship space.
Construction on the stage area continues with noticeable improvements each week. Steps, decking, and some a/v lines were installed. The a/v lines were also run to the new sound booth which is framed at the back of the sanctuary. Structural work continues on the south wall.
Aside from the physical construction, dialogue continues with our audio and acoustical engineers who are helping us setup the sanctuary properly for our public worship and other events to be held in the sanctuary.
We’re seeing some walls take shape this week! More plumbing has been installed as well. Progress certainly continues week by week.
- All children’s ministry, nurseries, and mothers’ rooms are now located on the third floor. Two check-in stations are located on the third floor and another two in the gym.
- Toddler nursery: #301
- Infant nursery: #310
- Mother’s room: #313
- 6th-12th grade boys classes: #308
- Bathrooms can be found on the second floor and are clearly marked “men’s” and “women’s”.
- On the first floor the only access is to the gym and sanctuary. Please avoid going down the north stairs if you’re trying to get to the first floor.
- Thank you for helping all of our children remain safe, though curiosity may get the better of them at times. Parents, please continue to watch your children, keeping them off the pews in the gym and out of construction areas.
- If you are unsure of where to go, ask someone from the Welcome team–those with “Hello” lanyards–or use the room directories located in each stairwell.
- Dust is still present in places; please carefully watch what you touch and what children are touching.
09 January 2020
This week brought with it the most visible progress to date. Many walls now are gone to open up our space and provide ample room for the forthcoming first floor restrooms. We also saw more progress in the sanctuary, specifically in the balcony roof. Additionally, the new mothers’ room is now framed out.
With all this construction there will be ongoing movement and adjustment for us as we need to relocate restroom usage, classrooms, and cordon off construction areas. Please note some of the following adjustments for this Sunday, 12 January.
- The Connect Center, Kids’ Check-in stations, and Coffee/Tea will be in the gym.
- Please do not disturb any cordoned off area. They are roped off for our safety. If you see children in areas where they should not be, please kindly help them out.
- If you are not sure where classrooms or restrooms are located, signs will be in each stairwell indicating classroom numbers. All rooms and restrooms will be clearly marked. If 1st floor restrooms are unavailable please proceed to the 2nd floor.
- Those with children: please keep them with you at all times.
- Feel free to ask a Welcome Team member if you need assistance, and help one another out as well!
02 January 2020
The New Year is upon us and we continue to make steady progress in our sanctuary renovations. There will be a few noticeable changes for this Sunday. The balcony continues to be closed down due to the increased scaffolding in that area. Our construction team has installed additional steel beams which are part of our reinforcement project. They have also begun work on the stage area which will impact the layout of the sanctuary. We have yet to finalize where musicians will be, along with the pulpit and table for this Sunday, but they will not be in their normal places this Sunday or for the foreseeable future until that work is completed.
Please also note that we are storing a good deal of items (e.g. pews) in the gym. It’d be nice if children can continue to use that space but they will need to be supervised by parents. There have already been a few incidents and we’d like to keep those to a minimum. So parents, please keep an eye on your children if they are in the gym.
Our contractors continue their work this week, removing more ceiling material and reinforcing it with new plywood sheeting. To help expedite their work, we removed all the pews on the main floor. So this Sunday’s seating arrangement will be chairs in the main seating area. The balcony is still open and can seat around 50-60 people so feel free to use that, too!
If you are able, please help us store chairs after worship either on the rolling racks or stacked. Some volunteers will be available to help guide this process.
Reminder: our contractors store materials and tools behind the blue tarps. Please help your children, and others, to resist the temptation to peek or venture back there.
Things are well underway here! This week we’ve seen work done on the ceiling in the sanctuary. On Sunday you’ll find the east side of the sanctuary “walled” off with blue tarp; please do not move the tarp or go behind it, and prevent children from exploring there as well. If you weren’t here last Sunday, you’ll also see that half the sanctuary seating is now folding chairs. It’ll be a big help for everyone to fold and put away their own chair after the service!
Work is scheduled to begin next week! This Saturday, December 7, 2-4pm, we’ll be relocating pews and setting up folding chairs. Please join us for any length of time to make this go quickly for everyone! On Sunday, one half of the sanctuary seating will be chairs instead of pews. We’re also recruiting for seating team members who can set up and tear down each Sunday; if you’re interested, please complete this brief form.