Are you in need of food assistance during this season? Do you know a neighbor or friend who could use a grocery delivery?
TCS is partnering with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission to deliver groceries to folks who could use a little help at this time. To be added to the delivery list, email email@example.com with the address and number of people in the home (optional: name and phone number). It would be a joy to us to help ease this burden for you.
Who is in need?
As the economic impact of the health crisis deepens, the deacons need to know about needs in our congregation and among our neighbors. You can help by making us aware of any current or or impending needs either for yourself or others.
What to do:
- You have already lost or anticipate losing work income soon.
- You have already lost or anticipate losing child-support or are unable to pay child-support.
- You know a friend, neighbor, or workmate who needs assistance.
Important: Please contact us even if you do not need help right away so that we can project the scale of potential requests and plan accordingly.
What to expect:
- You will hear from a deacon or staff member within 24 hours to collect more information about your situation. Individual deacons are permitted to make assistance decisions in certain circumstances. The Diaconate makes larger or ongoing support decisions.
- If you are reaching out for a friend, neighbor, or coworker the deacons will gather information from you and rely on you for communication with the individual, unless it is determined that direct contact is necessary. The church is ready to practice sacrificial generosity, but needs are evaluated for urgency and in view of available funds, so please be careful about creating expectations.
No one expected the Lenten season to be so rich with opportunities to sacrifice. In his providence God sometimes changes our plans, but he never changes our mission. Let’s work together to love one another and our city, and look forward to the day when we can gather as a people to thank God for all he did in us and the world while we were apart.
We leave you with words from Paul,
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith. —Galatians 6.9-10